The engineering required to design, install and optimize a communication system is detailed and complex. The Engineering Department at Lauttamus Communications has the expertise and capabilities to design public safety communication systems, industrial on-site radio systems and complex area-wide commercial RF systems.
We specialize in providing innovative engineering solutions for RF, wireless and spread spectrum requirements, utilizing state-of-the-art technology in conjunction with the latest computer technologies and computer programming methods. Lauttamus can provide computer-generated coverage studies to limit the initial radio equipment investment until there is a clear idea of how well a particular radio site will propagate. These studies are excellent tools to graphically illustrate how a particular radio system operates.
In addition, Lauttamus full-time RF Engineering staff has the knowledge and experience to produce custom-crafted designs to yield optimum performance. Our capabilities include but are not limited to:
- RF coverage surveys. On-site, Area-wide and County-wide
- RF shielding and inter-modulation studies
- Site studies to determine possible repeater, transmitter and receiver sites
- Propagation studies to determine the probability that a given radio installation will cover the desired territory.
- Point-to-point and point-to-multi-point path profiles including maps and technical evaluation
- Communication console design and drawing
Needs assessment of existing RF systems and coordination with the FCC on licensing and interference reviews.